Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Holy Week Meme

What's a meme?

I don't know.

This comes all the way from Daughter of St. John who sent me something called a "Holy Week Meme."

Lent is almost over and this Sunday is Palm Sunday already! I thought it would be fun to share what we do special to commemorate the Passion and Resurrection of Our Lord.

1. What do you do with your new blessed palm from Palm Sunday?
I used to just store it somewhere or put it behind a crucifix. This year, I went online and tried to make a cross out of it. The palm sorta split in the middle, but that's okay.

2. What do you do with your old one from last year?
I...uhh...don't know what happened to it. Come to think of it, I don't think I got one.

3. What do you do during Holy Week in preparation for Good Friday?
I'd like to say that I do lots of extra things, but I don't. I went to Confession yesterday morning, but then it was a normal day of classes and R.A. training. My vocation has to come first. However, as Sr. M. Johanna taught my catechetics class, Holy Thursday celebrates the Institution of the Holy Eucharist and should be celebratory...so I'll eat some dessert and drink some chocolate milk (two things I gave up).

4. How do you commemorate Christ's Passion on Good Friday?
I will, as per the same sister's instructions, do a bread and water fast...and of course go to the service. I love the Reproaches.

5. When do you color Easter eggs?
Haven't done that for a long time...

6. When do you buy Easter candy?
I don't, usually.

7. What is the first thing you plan to do Easter morning?
Well, I'll be at the vigil and then at midnight, I'll go to the Resurrection Party where there will be great joy and feasting and music and liveliness.

1 comment:

Daughter of St. John said...

YAY you! Thanks Micah :-) I feel loved again!

Blessed Triduum to you and yours.