Saturday, February 25, 2006

Where Charity and Love Prevail

I've been getting progressively more ill since Thursday and last night I couldn't do anything with Jennie because it was obvious that I was too sick. She called me up last night to talk after she got off work. "Babe, I'm at Walmart. Do you need anything?"

"Wow," I thought to myself, "boy am I lucky...she really loves me...she wants to take care of me when I'm sick." I couldn't help but smile.

"My dad told me to get Zicam," I said, "in the pill form."

"Okay, I'll look for it."

She called back a few minutes later to tell me that they only had it in spray form, which my father told me to avoid, so I thanked her anyway and let her go on her way. About half an hour later, she called back to tell me that she went to the Kroger's Supermarket in town and had found some for me and was waiting in the lobby of my dorm to give it to me. Sure enough, when I went down the stairs, there she was, waiting and looking at me with those loving eyes, the car outside with the blinkers on.

I'm so blessed to have my Jennie. She went out of her way and spent a bit of time just to improve my conditions and make me a little happier. Thank you, God.

2 comments:

Daughter of St. John said...

Awwwww, isn't love wonderful! You will only experience more and more of this as your love grows :-)

My hubby brought me roses last week (after I had just had lots of B-Day flowers). Now they are just about dead and when he takes my car to have the oil etc changed today he's gonna go to Sam's, to get, he says mischeviously, what we need. I think he was gonna bring more flowers, so I had to remind him that I was leaving in the am for three days and wouldn't be able to enjoy them :-( He was so disappointed. Sigh, I love him so much.

Angela Louise said...

Micah, you are very awesome and you two are a great couple. :) Hope to hear from you sometime... I miss those EWTN parties... invite Jennie :)